- A school bag or back pack
- A piece of fruit for fruit break (morning tea)
- Lunch in a lunch box. (We recommend an insulated lunch box with an ice pack.)
- One small named flask with water (no cordial, soft drink or flavoured milk please)
- A change of clothing
- A sun hat (compulsory all year).
- 1 large box of tissues * These are placed around the playroom for children’s use through the year.
If your child requires a rest on a bed they will also need:
- Sheet 120 cm x 64 cm with 10-14 cm of elastic sewn across each corner. This is taken home each week for washing. (Ready made sheets may be purchased from the preschool).
- A small-medium sized blanket for rest time.
Please label all your child’s possessions clearly.
The preschool has a healthy food policy and recommends food such as fruit, cheese, sandwiches, rice, noodles etc. and water to drink. Please do not send lollies, chips, chocolate or nuts.
The preschool is a nut-free zone. This is due to children’s allergies which can be very severe. Please do not send peanut butter, Nutella or any other food containing nuts.
Children are asked to wear appropriate clothing for an active day at preschool. They will be involved in many strenuous outdoor activities as well as art experiences including paint and glue. Please send them in older, comfortable clothing that the children can feel free to get dirty and/or wet. The children should be able to manage their clothes themselves for toileting.
Shoes should be well fitting such as sandals or sneakers, please no thongs or heels.Please ensure children always have a spare change of clothes in their bag.
Your child will need a legionnaire or broad brimmed hat all year. Please dress your child in sun protective clothing - shirts or dresses with collars or high necks and sleeves, trousers, longer shorts, or skirts made with closely woven material.
Please apply SPF 30+ broad spectrum, water resistant sun screen to your child before they come to preschool. We have sunblock available in the classrooms for you to use if you have forgotten to apply it at home. Sunscreen will be reapplied later in the day.